Saturday 4 February 2012

Turquoise is the best!

I know turquoise being my favourite colour isn't exactly news. But I emptied some bits from my handbag onto my bed yesterday, and I just had to arrange things in a slightly less higgledy piggledy way and take a picture. 


Let's look at the items in the picture. Centre: headphone case, headphones and headphone swirler. Then clockwise from 12 o'clock: eyeliner; iPod; mints; hand with turquoise nails, enamel ring and turquoise watch on wrist (my hand and wrist, obviously, look at the stubby fingers. Do not pity me, I can buy VAT free children's gloves); diary; sparkly ear muffs; "powermint" tictacs (bought for the colour). All items on top of the surprisingly polyester-y turquoise comforter, also chosen because of it's colour.

It is undeniable that I have a favourite colour, and turquoise-y teal-y blue is it. I suppose I actually have a favorite color now. When it came to choosing stuff for my new room I made most decisions based on colour, which how I ended up with dangerously unusable aqua oven gloves from Target, that now act as semi-heat proof mats. Please forgive the Photobooth. I look worried on this photo because it was taken to demonstrate how useless the oven gloves are as oven gloves (thanks for the safe British ones, lovely parents! They are far superior.)


I even have reusable turquoise decals all over my room. As well as all the other turquoise stuff. I would like to note that there are pink accents though, like my pillow, my laptop, and my french press.


At least the turquoise comforter is reversible - the other side is green. I never have the green side showing, even though my fabric softener leaked all over the blue side. I haven't figured out how to wash a comforter yet, but don't worry! It's not unhygienic because there is a sheet between me and the comforter. I had to wash my beautiful quilt here though, because I got dark chocolate mint m&ms all over it. Terrible times, but it's hard to stay mad at mint m&ms because:

a) Mint m&ms are the most delicious candy in the history of mankind. They make all other m&ms taste like dirt, because you know how good the mint ones are (coconut m&ms are particularly discouraged; dark chocolate, peanut butter or pretzel ones are just about tolerable. In a pinch). 

b) They come in such a pretty turquoise-y coloured packet.


PS I've decided that because I put some pictures of my room in this post, then you guys are the explorers. So even though this is just pictures of blue things that I own, it almost fits the premise of this whole blog thing. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Love turqoise!! I am very much enjoying the greenish/turqoisish hat you left behind and is now in my possession :-) Great to see some pics of your room!

    ReplyDelete