Friday 3 February 2012

ALERT! ALERT! Invasion!

Yesterday, I found toy soldiers upstairs. Now there are toy soldiers on MY FLOOR of the department! 

What I don't get is, have the soldiers always been in the department? Maybe I just haven't been looking.... and now that I've seen some I see them everywhere? Am I not very observant? In which case, "scientist" might not be the best career choice... is there a job where a lack of attention to detail is an asset? Certainly I am not cut out for a military career if I can't keep track of troop movements..
Caught in my Instagr.am spotlight!

The alternative to permanent solider occupation is that there is an actual war game going on in my department, and because this is MIT that is a real possibility. The only way to find out is keep taking photos of the known soldiers and keep scouting for other troops. I can report that they haven't taken the floor with the administrators and head of department yet, but they only have to go up a few more flights of stairs.... I suppose that it's likely that the home of the people who actually run the department will be the last floor to fall to the invaders right? I imagine they are relatively vigilant about toy soldiers in the nerve centre of the department.

The ones above are right outside my office! They all seem to be on the green side, so I don't think I'm going to have to tend to any wounded as they shouldn't be fighting each other. A relief to everyone involved as I'm just not the right kind of doctor for that. I can't believe I'm going to have to creep around my department taking photos of toy soldiers to figure out if they are moving about. I am going to end up traversing every floor to try and track them.
Maybe I should just ask on of my colleagues - "Hey, what's with the toy soldiers?" - I'll report back once I've psyched myself up to it.

PS In other news, "car thief" was back to "tech fair" this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment