Thursday 15 March 2012

Pi Day ramblings (mostly about donuts, as always)

Pi day at MIT was a bit of a disappointment. I did not find any pie. I think I kept missing it. 314 pies were given away to students in Killian Court around lunchtime. There was a dorm dessert competition too. Maybe next year I will have a more pie filled Pi day.

In lieu of pie, here is a picture of my breakfast at the Friendly Toast in Kendall Square on Saturday. It's circular, so I feel that gets me Pi day points.

The Friendly Toast has a friendly breakfast

It's two yummy m&m pancakes! The m&ms go all melty and delicious. Mmmmmmmm.
The Friendly Toast was pretty great, and I had pancake leftovers for supper on Sunday! Win!

In other dessert news (I am treating Pi day a lot more like pie day), I can also report that the donuts are more rainbow at the airport than in my regular haunts, and that there is a giant Dunkin' coffee cup in terminal C at Logan Airport. Here is photographic proof.

Note rainbow jimmies on the airport Boston Kreme donut. Partial brave explorer for scale on cup. 
Mmmm...sprinkles. I mean jimmies.

Update: Now (15th March) I see Pi Day activity posters EVERYWHERE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment