Friday 27 January 2012

The best housewarming gift ever!

Update (April 2012): Probably if you are not into Police Dog Lego the best housewarming gift is a framed map of the world or the country that you're living in. I got an excellent USA map decal from Amazon, which has brightened up my dorm room no end and helps me to learn about the country I now live in!

Last week, whilst we were hanging out together on Skype, Mat ordered me a present from Amazon. Ever since, he has been asking me if it has arrived, often with cryptic comments like "Make sure you don't open it in the office". He has also been saying things like "You'll know what it is as soon as you see the box". However, it is worth noting that I didn't manage to guess I was getting a Kindle for my birthday, despite being in the car when one of our friends turned to Mat on the day the Kindle was delivered (i.e. sometime before my birthday) and said to him "So, how do you like your Kindle?". I am not good at spotting clues as to what gifts will actually be.
The box arrived today and it looked so much like a normal Amazon box I didn't bother to take a picture (and I am taking a lot of photos at the moment). Worryingly the box even rattled a bit as I shock it... which made the fact that I was going to end up opening the present in from of Mat via Skype a little worrying - suppose it was broken? Fortunately the boring Amazon box contained the most exciting Amazon gift ever, and it was one which is meant to rattle!

LOOK! IT'S A LEGO POLICE MINIFIGURE COLLECTION! SCREAM!

I LOVE IT!

Look! It's the amazing police dog!
So, admittedly it's kind of an in-joke, but I have been looking up this range of Lego stuff on Amazon so much that Amazon has been sending me increasingly targeted ads, finally culminating in one with the subject "LEGO City 7285: Police Dog Unit"all about the police dog set. I am very keen on the Lego police dog after seeing a program on television about how they designed the Lego police station.
But the reason Mat got me the minifigure collection and not the police dog set (with dog transporting van) is the guys in the photo below. The swarthy criminals. 
You see, the last night before I left the original Cambridge for Neo-Cambridge we went to TKMaxx, probably so I could obsess about suitcases or something. It's right next to Toy'R'Us, so we popped in to look at the Lego city police station (isn't it cool? Aside from all the bricks with only one use). And we'd looked at all the police sets and I'd decided that the police dog set was boring, despite including the dog, and clearly the multi mini figure set was the best as that had a dog AND other exciting figures. And that was before I knew it came with a comic, from which I have recreated a few panels here.
I love the comic because the police dog catches onto the crime before the police officers

Thanks Mat! It's perfect. I am stupidly excited for someone so far above the recommended 5-12 year old recommended age range.

No comments:

Post a Comment